Skip to main content

5.10 Radioactive substances

Work with radioactive substances and X-ray equipment can only be carried out after obtaining special permission from the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority (Strålsäkerhetsmyndigheten, SSM). Anyone considering the use of radioactive materials should contact the University radiation safety physicist for advice on regulations concerning procurement, handling, and disposal.

Lund University´s radiation safety physicist will assist with necessary documentation and local permits. 

Radioactive material should be marked with this label and it should state the radioisotope present and quantity of radioactivity at the date marked.

Cupboards and rooms containing radioactive material should be marked with this label.

A supervised area is to be marked with sign stating that it is a supervised area and the type of radiation source present.

Area and rooms where ionising radiation takes place should be marked with this sign.

Hanna Holstein

Radiation safety physicist
+46 (0) 46 - 222 01 93

Page Manager: | 2022-06-13